Monday 23 July 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Kerruish and John Stokes.
The Little American, directed by Mary Pickford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1917!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1917 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Charles Kerruish: President (Tyndwald Isle of Man).
- John Stokes: MP.
- Kurt Kreuger: St. Moritz, Switzerland -- Actor (Fear, Unfaithfully Yours).
- Gus Arriola: Mexican-American comic strip cartoonist and animator, primarily known for the comic strip Gordo.
- Cleveland Metropolitan Park District establishes
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- For Me and My Gal - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Sousa's Band - The Stars and Stripes Forever March
- American Patrol - Prince's Orchestra
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic - Reinald Werrenrath
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?