Tuesday 12 March 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 12, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre-Jean Vaillard and Mario Feliciani.
Amarilly of Clothes-Line Alley, directed by Marshall Neilan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 March 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1918!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1918 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Pierre-Jean Vaillard: French humourist, cabaret artist, satirical writer, and radio presenter.
- James Bracken: race horse trainer.
- Mario Feliciani: Italian actor and voice actor.
- Pierre Vaillard: France Actor.
- Elaine de Kooning: American painter and academic (d. 1989).
- Moscow becomes the capital of Russia again after Saint Petersburg held this status for 215 years.
- Moscow becomes the capital of Soviet Russia.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1918 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- The Darktown Strutters' Ball - Jaudas' Society Orchestra
- When Yankee Doodle Learns to Parlez Vous Francais - Arthur Fields
- Liberty Loan March - Sousa's Band
- Smile and Show Your Dimple - Sam Ash
- My Sunshine Jane - Sterling Trio
- The Rainbow of Love - John McCormack
- Shannon Four - Hail! Hail! The Gangs All Here