Tuesday 12 March 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre-Jean Vaillard and Mario Feliciani.
Amarilly of Clothes-Line Alley, directed by Marshall Neilan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 March 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1918!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1918 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Pierre-Jean Vaillard: French humourist, cabaret artist, satirical writer, and radio presenter.
- James Bracken: race horse trainer.
- Mario Feliciani: Italian actor and voice actor.
- Pierre Vaillard: France Actor.
- Elaine de Kooning: American painter and academic (d. 1989).
- Moscow becomes the capital of Russia again after Saint Petersburg held this status for 215 years.
- Moscow becomes the capital of Soviet Russia.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1918 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- The Darktown Strutters' Ball - Jaudas' Society Orchestra
- When Yankee Doodle Learns to Parlez Vous Francais - Arthur Fields
- Liberty Loan March - Sousa's Band
- Smile and Show Your Dimple - Sam Ash
- My Sunshine Jane - Sterling Trio
- The Rainbow of Love - John McCormack
- Shannon Four - Hail! Hail! The Gangs All Here