Monday 12 February 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hank Brown American politician (Representative-Republican-Colorado and Ralph Bates.
La Bête Humaine, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingwa was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 12 February 1940 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
- Hank Brown American politician (Representative-Republican-Colorado: 1981-88).
- Ralph Bates: English actor (d. 1991).
- Victor Taylor: American graphic artist for Astro-Analytics for years.
- Richard Lynch: American actor and producer (d. 2012).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?