Monday 16 July 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 16, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tony Kushner and Jerry Doyle.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
Run for the Sun, directed by Roy Boulting, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Mandarins by Simone de Beauvoir was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Against Crime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 July 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1956!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1956 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Tony Kushner: American writer, the winner of a Pulitzer Prize in 1993 for his groundbreaking play "Angels in America.
- Jerry Doyle: American radio host and actor.
- Detroit Tigers and Briggs Stadium sold for then record $5.5 million
- King Faisal of Iraq begins visit to England
- Karelo-Finnish SSR becomes part of Russian SFSR.
- Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus closes its very last ''Big Tent'' show in Pittsburgh, due to changing economics all subsequent circus shows will be held in arenas.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?