Saturday 12 October 1929US date format: 10/12/1929, UK date format: 12/10/1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 12, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Magnus Magnusson and Robert Coles in Milton.
The Informer, directed by Arthur Robison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 October 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1929 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Magnus Magnusson: Icelandic-Scottish journalist and academic (d. 2007).
- Russell Freedman: Author.
- Robert Coles in Milton: Massachusetts, USA; author (Pulitzer Prize 1973).
- Nappy Brown: American singer-songwriter (d. 2008).
- Brian Cobby: English actor (d. 2012).
- Robert Coles: American psychologist author and academic.
- Max Ettlinger: German philosopher / theorist, dies at 52.