Saturday 12 October 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Coles in Milton and Nappy Brown.
Applause, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1929 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Robert Coles in Milton: Massachusetts, USA; author (Pulitzer Prize 1973).
- Nappy Brown: American singer-songwriter (d. 2008).
- Brian Cobby: English actor (d. 2012).
- Robert Coles: American psychologist author and academic.
- Magnus Magnusson: Icelandic-Scottish journalist and academic (d. 2007).
- Max Ettlinger: German philosopher / theorist, dies at 52.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?