Saturday 19 January 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Luciano Emmer and John H Johnson.
Tarzan of the Apes, directed by Scott Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 January 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1918!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1918 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Luciano Emmer
- John H Johnson: United States -- Publisher (Negro Digest, Ebony, Jet).
- John Johnson: American entrepreneur, the founder of Johnson Publishing, Ebony magazine, Jet magazine and builder of a multi-million-dollar cosmetics and insurance empire, all from a borrowed $500.
- Soviets disallows a Constitution Assembly.
- Russian Constituent Assembly proclaims Russian Democratic Federative Republic, but was dissolved by Bolshevik government on same day.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Will You Remember? - Olive Kline & Lambert Murphy
- Danny Boy - Ernestine Schumann-Heink
- Henry Burr - Somewhere in France is the Lily
- Say a Prayer for the Boys Over There - Peerless Quartet