Wednesday 13 November 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Steef C Weijers and Asashio Taro III.
The Love Parade, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Dark Hester by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 13 November 1929 ?
- Roman festivals - Iovis epulum; feast of Feronia
- R.C. Saints - Bricius of Tours; Mother Cabrini; Saint Homobonus
- Also see November 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Steef C Weijers: Dutch MP (CDA).
- Asashio Taro III: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 46th Yokozuna (d. 1988).
- Gérald Gassiot-Talabot: French editor and art critic who coined the concept of "narrative figuration".
- Jaime Gil de Biedma: Catalan post-Civil War poet, one of the most important authors of the Generation of 50.
- Robert Bonnaud: French historian and academic (d. 2013).
- Fred Phelps: American lawyer pastor and activist founded the Westboro Baptist Church (d. 2014)
- Asashio Tarō: Japanese sumo wrestler the 46th Yokozuna (d. 1988)
- Princess Viktoria: of Prussia (Born 1866).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?