Monday 11 November 1929, Veteran's DayUS date format: 11/11/1929, UK date format: 11/11/1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 11, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Armistice with Germany in 1918 and Hans Magnus Enzensberger.
The Vagabond Lover, directed by Marshall Neilan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 November 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1929 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Hans Magnus Enzensberger: German writer.
- Armistice with Germany in 1918
- H M Enzensberger: Writer.
- LaVern Baker om Chicago: Illinois, USA; R&B vocalist ("I Cried a Tear").
- W. E. B. Griffin: Writer.
- Hans Enzensberger: German author and poet.
- Martin Jacomb: English lawyer businessman and academic.
- LaVern Baker: American singer and actress (d. 1997).
- Carlos Fuentes: Mexican author (Death of Artemio Cruz).
- Mieczyslaw Soltys: Composer, dies at 66.