Monday 11 November 1929, Veteran's Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carlos Fuentes and H M Enzensberger.
The Kiss, directed by Jacques Feyder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Dodsworth by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1929 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Carlos Fuentes: Mexican author (Death of Artemio Cruz).
- H M Enzensberger: Writer.
- Hans Magnus Enzensberger: German writer.
- LaVern Baker om Chicago: Illinois, USA; R&B vocalist ("I Cried a Tear").
- LaVern Baker: American singer and actress (d. 1997).
- Mieczyslaw Soltys: Composer, dies at 66.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?