Thursday 28 November 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kenneth Elliott and Berry Gordy.
Navy Blues, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 November 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1929 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Kenneth Elliott: Scottish musician, editor and scholar, an authority on early Scottish music.
- Berry Gordy: Entrepreneur.
- Berry Gordy Jr in Detroit: Michigan, USA; record company owner (Motown).
- Adm Richard E Byrd makes 1st South Pole flight
- Ernie Nevers of the then Chicago Cardinals scores all of the Cardinals' points in this game as the Cardinals defeat the Chicago Bears 40-6.