Sunday 24 November 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 24, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Moscone and Eric Till.
It's a Great Life, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 November 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1929 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- George Moscone: American politician, the Mayor of San Francisco from 1975 who was best known for his humanitarian approach to public office.
- Eric Till
- Mel Casas: American Chicano artist, activist, writer and teacher, considered to be one of the important founders of the Chicano Arts movement.
- Hal Lindsey: Writer.
- Franciszek Kokot: Polish nephrologist and endocrinologist.
- Jean-Marie Daillet: Renneg Journalist.
- Eileen Barton in Brooklyn: New York, USA; singer (Broadway Open House).
- Georges Clemenceau: French politician, he served as Prime Minister of the Third Republic in 1906-1909 and 1917-1920, leading his country triumphantly through the last and most difficult period of WW I..