Sunday 24 November 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Moscone and Eric Till.
Pandora's Box, directed by Georg Wilhelm Pabst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Dark Hester by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1929 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- George Moscone: American politician, the Mayor of San Francisco from 1975 who was best known for his humanitarian approach to public office.
- Eric Till
- Eileen Barton in Brooklyn: New York, USA; singer (Broadway Open House).
- Mel Casas: American Chicano artist, activist, writer and teacher, considered to be one of the important founders of the Chicano Arts movement.
- Jean-Marie Daillet: Renneg Journalist.
- Franciszek Kokot: Polish nephrologist and endocrinologist.
- Georges Clemenceau: French politician, he served as Prime Minister of the Third Republic in 1906-1909 and 1917-1920, leading his country triumphantly through the last and most difficult period of WW I..
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1929 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- If I Had a Talking Picture of You - Johnny Hamp & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?