Friday 29 November 1929US date format: 11/29/1929, UK date format: 29/11/1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 29, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Berry Gordy and Don January.
Navy Blues, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 November 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1929 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Berry Gordy: Producer.
- Don January: pro golfer (1976 Vardon Trophy).
- Derek Jameson: English journalist and radio host (d. 2012).
- Woo Yong-gak: North Korean soldier.
- Lieutenant Commander Richard E Byrd sends My calculations indicate that we have reached vicinity of South Pole (He was wrong)
- U.S. Admiral Richard Byrd becomes the first person to fly over the South Pole.