Saturday 30 November 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dick Clark and Joan Ganz Cooney in Phoenix.
Glorifying the American Girl, directed by Millard Webb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Peder Victorious by O.E. Rolvaag was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1929 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
- Dick Clark: American television personality frequently called "the oldest living teenager.
- Joan Ganz Cooney in Phoenix: Arizona, USA; TV executive (Children's TV Workshop).
- Joan Cooney: American educator and creator of the popular children's educational TV show "Sesame Street.
- 17th CFL Grey Cup: Hamilton Tigers defeats Regina Roughriders, 14-3
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?