Saturday 2 November 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Dupuis and Amar Bose.
The Kiss, directed by Jacques Feyder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 November 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1929 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Pierre Dupuis
- Amar Bose: American engineer and businessman founded the Bose Corporation (d. 2013).
- Muhammad Rafiq Tarar: former President of Pakistan.
- Richard E Taylor: American physicist, Nobel Prize laureate.
- Harold Farberman in New York City: New York, USA; conductor/composer (Medea).
- Milan Stibilj: Composer.
- Robert Gover: American journalist and author (d. 2015).
- Muhammad Tarar: Pakistani judge and politician 9th President of Pakistan.
- Richard Taylor: Canadian physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Germain Derijcke: Belgium sport Champion.
- Rachel Ames in Portland: Oregon, USA; actress (Line Up, Audrey - General Hospital).