Tuesday 14 August 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rusty Wallace and Sharon Bryant.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
War and Peace, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Mandarins by Simone de Beauvoir was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1956!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 14 August 1956 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Rusty Wallace: American race car driver and sportscaster.
- Sharon Bryant: vocalist (Atlantic Starr - "Touch a Four Leaf Clover").
- Johnny Lever: Indian actor.
- William Bourdon: French lawyer at the Paris Bar, who practises criminal law including criminal business, communications law and human rights.
- Jackee Harry: American actress.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?