Tuesday 14 August 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rusty Wallace and Johnny Lever.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
These Wilder Years, directed by Roy Rowland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while How To Live 365 Days A Year by John A. Schindler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Black Tulip.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 August 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1956 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Rusty Wallace: American race car driver and sportscaster.
- Johnny Lever: Indian actor.
- William Bourdon: French lawyer at the Paris Bar, who practises criminal law including criminal business, communications law and human rights.
- Sharon Bryant: vocalist (Atlantic Starr - "Touch a Four Leaf Clover").
- Jackée Harry: American actress and director.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?