Monday 14 July 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Férey and Tatyana Dmitryevna Kuznetsova.
The Shepherd of the Hills, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while Random Harvest by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1941!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 14 July 1941 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Gérard Férey
- Tatyana Dmitryevna Kuznetsova: Cosmonaut.
- Edward Crutchfield: American executive CEO in charge of First Union, forcefully making his cases before critics.
- Maulana Karenga: American writer and political activist, the creator of Kwanzaa.
- Andreas Khol: German-Austrian lawyer and politician.
- 6,000 Lithuanian Jews are exterminated at Viszalsyan Camp
- Cease fire of Joan of Arc (ends combat in Lebanon & Syria)
- Jam rationed in Holland
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?