Wednesday 2 February 1921
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Butler and Madeleine Lebeau.
Seven Years Bad Luck, directed by Max Linder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Valley of Silent Men by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1921!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1921 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- John Butler: United States Navy officer and Naval aviator who was killed in action in the World War II Battle of Midway.
- Madeleine Lebeau: French actress, known for playing the role of "Yvonne", Humphrey Bogart's jilted mistress, in the 1942 American romantic drama film "Casablanca.
- Luigi Mancinelli composer: dies at age 72.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1921 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Broadway Blues - Nora Bayes
- Henry Burr & Albert Campbell - Feather Your Nest
- Beautiful Annabelle Lee - Prince's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?