Tuesday 14 February 1939, Valentine's Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Pyne and Blowfly .
Stagecoach, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Disputed Passage by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Television Surveys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1939!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1939 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Chris Pyne: Trombonist.
- Blowfly : American singer-songwriter and producer (d. 2016).
- Eugene Fama: American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Michael Rudman: American director and producer.
- Victor Fleming replaces George Cukor as Director of Gone With the Wind
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?