Tuesday January 14, 1908
US date format: 1/14/1908, UK date format: 14/1/1908
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 14, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Carl Esmond and Ruggiero de Rudolpho Columbo.
The Thieving Hand, directed by J. Stuart Blackton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 14, 1908?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- See more
- Roger Hartigan scores century on Test debut versus England Adelaide (116).
- Holger Drachmann: Danish poet and dramatist (Born 1846).