Saturday 28 October 1939US date format: 10/28/1939, UK date format: 28/10/1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 28, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jane Alexander and Sara Dylan.
Drums Along the Mohawk, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 October 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1939 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Jane Alexander: American actress and producer.
- Sara Dylan
- Curtis Lee: American singer of the early 1960s, who...
- John Cleese: Actor.
- Miroslav Cerar: Slovenian gymnast and lawyer.
- Andy Bey: American singer and pianist.
- Jane Alexander in Massachusetts: USA; actress (The Betsy, Kramer versus...
- Alice Brady: Actress (My Man Godfrey, Gay Divorcee),...
- Anti-German demonstrations / strikes in Czechoslovakia
- Spitfire shoots German Heinkel-111 down above Scotland