Wednesday 21 March 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ingrid Kristiansen in Norway marathon runner (Olympics-4th-1984 and Dick Beardsley.
In UK It's Almost Tomorrow by The Dreamweavers was in the top 5 hits.
Alexander the Great, directed by Robert Rossen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Boomtown.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1956!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1956 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Ingrid Kristiansen in Norway marathon runner (Olympics-4th-1984: Boston-1986, 1989).
- Dick Beardsley: American runner.
- Guy Chadwick: German-English singer-songwriter and guitarist (The House of Love).
- Denise Di Novi: American film producer.
- Richard Kirk: English guitarist keyboard player composer and producer (Cabaret Voltaire).
- Ingrid Kristiansen: Norwegian runner
- 28th Academy Awards - Marty, Anna Magnani and Ernest Borgnine win
- The 28th Academy Awards ceremony is held.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 March 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?