Wednesday 21 March 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 21, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Denise Di Novi and Teresa Nielsen Hayden.
In UK It's Almost Tomorrow by The Dreamweavers was in the top 5 hits.
Patterns, directed by Fielder Cook, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while What I Think by Adlai E. Stevenson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heidi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 March 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1956!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1956 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Teresa Nielsen Hayden: Writer.
- Denise Di Novi: Producer.
- Ingrid Kristiansen in Norway marathon runner (Olympics-4th-1984: Boston-1986, 1989).
- Dick Beardsley: American runner.
- Guy Chadwick: German-English singer-songwriter and guitarist (The House of Love).
- Denise Di Novi: American film producer.
- Richard Kirk: English guitarist keyboard player composer and producer (Cabaret Voltaire).
- Ingrid Kristiansen: Norwegian runner.
- 28th Academy Awards - Marty, Anna Magnani and Ernest Borgnine win
- The 28th Academy Awards ceremony is held.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?