Wednesday March 21, 1956
US date format: 3/21/1956, UK date format: 21/3/1956
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on March 21, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Anthony Eden (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Dick Beardsley and Ingrid Kristiansen in Norway marathon runner (Olympics-4th-1984.
In UK It's Almost Tomorrow by The Dreamweavers was in the top 5 hits.
Patterns, directed by Fielder Cook, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heidi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 21, 1956?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- See more
- 28th Academy Awards - Marty, Anna Magnani and Ernest Borgnine win
- Ingrid Kristiansen in Norway marathon runner (Olympics-4th-1984: Boston-1986, 1989).
- Dick Beardsley: American runner.
- Guy Chadwick: German-English singer-songwriter and...
- Denise Di Novi: American film producer.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 21, 1956?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free