Friday 9 March 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 9, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Shashi Tharoor and Mark McDonough.
In UK It's Almost Tomorrow by The Dreamweavers was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Never Was, directed by Ronald Neame, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heidi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 March 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 March 1956!
Which were the important events of 9 March 1956 ?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
- Shashi Tharoor: Indian author & United Nations Under-Secretary General.
- Mark McDonough: American astrologer and entrepreneur, the designer of AstroDatabank and founder of the AstroDB company.
- Mark Dantonio: American football player and coach.
- David Willetts: English politician Shadow Secretary of State for Business Innovation and Skills.
- Weather forecasting phone line set up in London England
- Archbishop Makarios of Cyprus arrested and exiled to Seychelles.
- Soviet military suppresses a mass demonstrations in the Georgian SSR, reacting to Nikita Khrushchev's de-Stalinization policy.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?