Saturday 15 December 1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 15, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Friedensreich Hundertwasser and William Dickey.
The Spieler, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 December 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 December 1928!
Which were the important events of 15 December 1928 ?
- Friedensreich Hundertwasser: Austrian-New Zealand painter and architect designed the Kuchlbauer Tower and Waldspirale (d. 2000).
- William Dickey: American poet and professor of English and creative writing at San Francisco State University.
- Stephen Sweeney: American electrical engineer and CEO of Boston Edison, a power utilities company.
- Jimmy Nelson in Chicago: Illinois, USA; ventriloquist (Nestles, Farfel).
- Ida Haendel: Polish-English violinist and educator.
- Jerry Wallace: American singer and guitarist (d. 2008).
- Ernest Ashworth: American singer-songwriter (d. 2009).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1928 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Frank Crumit - A Gay Caballero
- You're the Cream in My Coffee - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra