Wednesday 5 December 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Luis Estevez and Gene Allen.
West of Zanzibar, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Greene Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1928!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1928 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Luis Estevez: Cuban-American fashion designer.
- Gene Allen: American musician who played baritone sax and bass clarinet with many noted jazz artists and top bands, including the Tommy Dorsey and Benny Goodman bands.
- Bruno Landi: Italy sport Champion.
- Johannes F "Johan" Bakker Sr: actor/husband of Truus Soete, dies at age 61.
- MW Miklas elected President of Austria.
- England defeats Australia in cricket by record 675 runs at Brisbane.
- Police disperse a Sicilian gangs' meeting in Cleveland.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?