Tuesday 25 December 1928, Christmas
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Irish McCalla and Earl Brown in Salt Lake City.
The Sixth Sense, directed by Eusebio Fernndez Ardavn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Claire Ambler by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching British Movietone News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1928!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 25 December 1928 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Irish McCalla: American actress and artist who, as a 5' 9" bosomy model, was cast at the last minute in the TV series "Sheena, Queen of the Jungle," which ran for 26 episodes in 1955-'56.
- Earl Brown in Salt Lake City: Utah, USA; actor (Stovall - Operation Petticoat).
- Dick Miller: American actor director and screenwriter.
- New South Wales (versus Victoria) go from 8-74 to 9-113 to be 9-367 at stumps.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1928 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- My Blackbirds are Bluebirds Now - Ruth Etting
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?