Saturday 22 December 1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Luiz Carlos Lisboa and Piero Angelo.
In Old Arizona, directed by Irving Cummings, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Swan Song by John Galsworth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1928!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1928 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Luiz Carlos Lisboa
- Piero Angelo: Italian writer (Control).
- Barbara Blackman: Australian artists' model and muse, writer, essayist, librettist, letter writer and patron of the Arts.
- Luiz Lisboa: Brazilian journalist and writer of New Age topics.
- Josh Weston: American economist and CEO of Automatic Data Processing, a computerized payroll and data processing service company.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1928 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- My Blackbirds are Bluebirds Now - Ruth Etting
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?