Wednesday 15 November 1922
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Francesco Rosi and David Sidney Feingold.
Tess of the Storm Country, directed by John S. Robertson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 November 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 1922!
Which were the important events of 15 November 1922 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Francesco Rosi: Italian film director.
- Paul Acket: Dutch publisher / organizer (Music Express, North Sea Jazz).
- David Sidney Feingold: American biochemist.
- Giorgio Manganelli: Italian author, journalist, novelist, poet, playwright.
- Francis Brunn: German juggler (Born 1922).
- David Feingold: American biochemist and academic.
- British Conservative wins election / Labour 2nd party
- In the United Kingdom general election forced by the Conservatives' withdrawal from the coalition government, the Conservative Party wins an overall majority. (The 1922 Committee, popularly believed to take its name from this occasion, is not founded until the following year.)
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Georgette - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra - Three O'clock in the Morning