Thursday 16 November 1922US date format: 11/16/1922, UK date format: 16/11/1922
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 16, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include José Saramago and Salvatore Giuliano.
Down to the Sea in Ships, directed by Elmer Clifton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 November 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1922!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1922 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- José Saramago: Portuguese writer and recipient of the 1998 Nobel Prize in Literature.
- Salvatore Giuliano: Italian bandit chief, one of the most romantic figures of the 20th century, a strikingly handsome mixture of Robin Hood and Pancho Villa, living with his band in a mountain hideout.
- Royal Dano: NYC, New York -- Actor (Red Badge of Courage, Cocaine Wars, House II).
- Jose Saramago: Portuguese novelist, Nobel laureate (d. 2010).
- Eduardo Mora Valverde: Costa Rican economist, politician and leader of the Costa Rican left, brother of Manuel Mora main Costa Rican Communist Party leader and father of Patricia Mora, current president of the Broad Front Party and deputy of the 2014-2018 period.
- Gene Amdahl: American computer scientist physicist and engineer founded the Amdahl Corporation (d. 2015).
- Max Abraham: Polish-German physicist and academic (d. 1922).
- Pope Pius XI calls on Belgian people to unite
- Turkish kalief / Sultan Mehmed VI asks British army for help
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Georgette - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Three O'clock in the Morning - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra