Wednesday 1 November 1922
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George S Irving and Fernand Bonnier de La Chapelle.
The Headless Horseman, directed by Edward D. Venturini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while Simon Called Peter by Robert Keable was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1922!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1922 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- George S Irving: Springfield, Massachusetts -- Singer / actor (Dumplings).
- Fernand Bonnier de La Chapelle: French member of the resistance during World War II.
- Bob Mullens: American athlete, pro basketball player in 1946-47.
- George Irving: American actor and singer.
- Queen Wilhelmina opens Dutch Historical Maritime museum in Amsterdam
- Ottoman Empire abolished.
- The last sultan of the Ottoman Empire, Mehmed VI, abdicates.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Gallagher & Shean - Mr. Gallagher and Mr. Shean
- I'm Just Wild About Harry - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Sweet Indiana Home - Marion Harris
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?