Friday November 15, 1940
US date format: 11/15/1940, UK date format: 15/11/1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 15, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Winston Churchill (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Sam Waterston and Roberto Cavalli.
Little Nellie Kelly, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 15, 1940?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- See more
- 1st black to sign hockey contract-Arthur Dorrington and AC Seagulls
- New York Midtown tunnel linking Manhattan and Queens opens to traffic
- First 75,000 men called to armed forces duty during peacetime in US.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 15, 1940?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Bob Crosby & His Orchestra - Down Argentina Way
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial