Friday 15 November 1940US date format: 11/15/1940, UK date format: 15/11/1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 15, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Sam Waterston and Roberto Cavalli.
Little Nellie Kelly, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 November 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 15 November 1940 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Sam Waterston: American actor of stage, television and...
- Roberto Cavalli: Italian fashion designer.
- Wolfgang Zimmerer: German bobsledder from the late 1960s to...
- Michel de Bonnecorse
- Carl Thorne: American petroleum engineer and CEO of...
- Sam Waterston in Cambridge: Massachusetts, USA; actor (Law and...
- Hank Wangford: English singer-songwriter guitarist and...
- Ulf Pilgaard: Danish actor and screenwriter.
- Michel De Bonnecorse: French senior official and diplomat.
- Maurice Depalmas: French jockey, winner of the Arc de...
- Tony Mendez: American CIA technical operations...
- 1st 75,000 men called to armed forces duty during peacetime
- 1st black to sign hockey contract-Arthur Dorrington and AC Seagulls
- New York Midtown tunnel linking Manhattan and Queens opens to traffic
- First 75,000 men called to armed forces duty during peacetime in US.