Tuesday 15 October 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Capillon and Ivan Gorr.
Applause, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Roper's Row by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1929 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Bernard Capillon: Italian airline executive, a former Air Force officer.
- Ivan Gorr: American accountant and CEO of Cooper Tire and Rubber manufacturer.
- Milorad Pavic: Serbian novelist, poet and translator, he is author of "Dictionary of the Khazars" (first novel, 1984), "Landscape with Tea" (1988), "Last Love in Constantinople" (1994).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?