Tuesday 15 October 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Capillon and Ivan Gorr.
Applause, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1929 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Bernard Capillon: Italian airline executive, a former Air Force officer.
- Ivan Gorr: American accountant and CEO of Cooper Tire and Rubber manufacturer.
- Milorad Pavic: Serbian novelist, poet and translator, he is author of "Dictionary of the Khazars" (first novel, 1984), "Landscape with Tea" (1988), "Last Love in Constantinople" (1994).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 October 1929
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?