Sunday 15 November 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 15, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Barenboïm and Josaphat-Robert Large.
Casablanca, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 November 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 15 November 1942 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Daniel Barenboïm
- Josaphat-Robert Large
- Pierre Mutz: French senior official, Prefect, former Paris police chief and former Prefect of the Ile de France region and Prefect of Paris.
- Daniel Barenboim: Argentinean-Israeli musician, a pianist and conductor.
- World War II: The Battle of Guadalcanal ends in a decisive Allied victory.
- The Naval Battle of Guadalcanal ends: Although the United States Navy suffers heavy losses, it retains control of Guadalcanal.
- A BOAC scheduled passenger flight, a DC-3 with registration G-AGBB, (formerly KLM PH-ALI, Ibis), enroute between Lisbon and Bristol, is attacked over the Bay of Biscay by German fighters. Although damaged, it escapes and lands in England. Other attacks follow on the same aircraft and scheduled route: April 19 and June 1, 1943 (fatal).
- British forces capture Derna.