Monday 15 September 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 15, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mary Anne Aden Harper and Roger Knobelspiess.
The Unsuspected, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching WJLA ABC 7 News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 September 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1947 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Mary Anne Aden Harper
- Roger Knobelspiess: French homicide; he conducted robbery with hostages whom he murdered.
- Eusebio Poncela
- Viggo Jensen: Danish footballer and manager.
- Sam Neill: Actor.
- : American drummer (Black Artists Group and Human Arts Ensemble).
- Mary Aden-Harter: American market analyst who founded Aden Research with her sister Pamela in San Jose, Costa Rica.
- Theodore Long: American professional wrestling manager.
- 1st 4 engine jet propelled fighter plane tested, Columbus, Ohio
- Yanks clinch pennant #15
- First four-engine jet-propelled fighter-plane tested, Columbus, Ohio.
- RCA releases the 12AX7 vacuum tube.
- Typhoon Kathleen hit the Kanto Region in Japan killing 1,077.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1947 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra - I Wish I Didn't Love You So
- Near You - Alvino Rey & His Orchestra
- Johnny Mercer - Sugar Blues
- How Soon (Will I Be Seeing You) - Jack Owens
- Betty Hutton - I Wish I Didn't Love You So