Friday 19 September 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 19, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brian Hill and Nancy Ling Perry.
The Unsuspected, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching WJLA ABC 7 News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 September 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1947 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Brian Hill: American basketball coach, leading the Orlando Magic (1993–1997, 2005–2007) and the Vancouver Grizzlies (1997–1999).
- Nancy Ling Perry
- Alain Lipietz: French engineer, economist and politician, a former Member of the European Parliament, and a member of the French Green Party.
- Jef Elbers
- Henry Bromell: American author and screenwriter (d. 2013).
- Thomas Cook: American author and academic.
- Drew Gilpin Faust: Historian.
- Tanith Lee: English author (d. 2015).
- Lol Creme: English singer guitarist and director (10cc Godley & Creme Art of Noise Producers Doctor Father Hotlegs and The Magic Lanterns).
- Larry Brown: NFL runningback (3rd to rush over 4,000 yards).
- Steve Bartlett: (Rep-R-Texas, 1983- ).
- Gerd Schwidrowski: German footballer.
- Jackie Robinson is named Rookie of the Year.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1947 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra - I Wish I Didn't Love You So
- Near You - Alvino Rey & His Orchestra
- Johnny Mercer - Sugar Blues
- How Soon (Will I Be Seeing You) - Jack Owens
- Betty Hutton - I Wish I Didn't Love You So