Monday 22 September 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 22, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joyce Mason and Robin Rose.
Nightmare Alley, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Seven Arts Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 September 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1947 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Joyce Mason: American pro astrologer and editor of Chronicles newsletter.
- Robin Rose: American actress from high school.
- Mike Sexton
- Rick Spearman: American homosexual, the partner of David van Elster who has AIDS and who is not, himself, HIV+ as of August 1993.
- Tommy Hutchison
- Stephen King: Author.
- David Drewry: English glaciologist and geophysicist.
- Robert Morace: American author and academic.
- Jo Beverley: English-Canadian author.
- Marsha Norman: Dramatist.
- Neal Smith: American musician, a songwriter, drummer and founding member of "Alice Cooper," one of the most successful bands in the history of rock ’n’ roll.
- Dodgers clinch NL pennant
- Information Bureau of the Communist and Workers' Parties (Communist Information Bureau) (quotCominformquot) is founded.