Tuesday 23 September 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 23, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Francine Racette and Mary Kay Place.
Nightmare Alley, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Seven Arts Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 September 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1947 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Francine Racette
- Mary Kay Place
- Neal Smith: American drummer and songwriter (Plasmatics).
- Mary Kay Place in Tulsa: Oklahoma, USA; actress/country singer (Mary Hartman!).
- Christian Escoudé: French jazz guitarist.
- Norma McCorvey: Celebrity.
- Mary Place: American actress singer director and screenwriter.
- Christian Bordeleau: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Jo Beverley: Writer.
- Don Grolnick: Jazz musician.
- Nikola Petkov: Leader of Bulgaria Boer party, hanged.