Sunday 28 September 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gillian Rose and Harold Dow.
The Unsuspected, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while Lydia Bailey by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching WJLA ABC 7 News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1947 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Gillian Rose: Philosopher / writer.
- Harold Dow: Hackensack, New Jersey -- News correspondent (CBS, 48 Hours).
- Jeffrey Jones: Buffalo, New York -- Actor (Beetlejuice, Ferris Bueller).
- Peter Hope-Evans: British singer / harmonicaist (Family).
- Bob Carr: Australian journalist, government employee and politician, the state member for Maroubra in 1983 and Minister for Planning and Environment, 1984-88; Minister for Heritage 1986-88 and Minister for Consumer Affairs 1986.
- Hasina: Bangladeshi politician 10th Prime Minister of Bangladesh
- Jon Snow: English journalist and academic
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?