Friday 26 September 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Graham Faulkner and Richard Roth.
The Unsuspected, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while Lydia Bailey by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching WJLA ABC 7 News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1947 ?
- Graham Faulkner: London, England -- Actor (Brother Sun Sister Moon).
- Richard Roth: United States -- 400m swim medley (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Lynn Anderson in North Dakota: USA; country singer ("I Never Promised you a Rose Garden").
- Lynn Anderson: American vocalist, instrumental in extending the range of country-western.
- Lucius Allen: American athlete, pro basketball player for 10 seasons beginning in 1969.
- Philippe Lavil: French singer and TV presenter of aristocratic descent, coming from Martinique. Widely known for his solo hit "Il tape sur des bambous" and for his duet "Kolé Séré" with Jocelyne Béroard.
- Jacques Baud:
- Hugh Lofting: English author and poet created Doctor Dolittle (d. 1947).
- Happy Chandler announces Ford and Gillette to sponsor World Series.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1947 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?