Friday 26 September 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 26, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Philippe Lavil and Lynn Anderson.
Nightmare Alley, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Seven Arts Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 September 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1947 ?
- Philippe Lavil: French singer and TV presenter of aristocratic descent, coming from Martinique.
- Lynn Anderson: American vocalist, instrumental in extending the range of country-western.
- John Foxx
- Lucius Allen: American athlete, pro basketball player for 10 seasons beginning in 1969.
- Lynn Anderson in North Dakota: USA; country singer ("I Never Promised you a Rose Garden").
- Jim Murphy: Author.
- Jacques Baud
- Cheryl Tiegs: Model.
- Graham Faulkner: London, England -- Actor (Brother Sun Sister Moon).
- Richard Roth: United States -- 400m swim medley (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Hugh Lofting: English author and poet created Doctor Dolittle (d. 1947).
- Happy Chandler announces Ford and Gillette to sponsor World Series.