Saturday 15 September 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 15, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maggie Reilly and Tawny Schneider in Portland.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Wagon, directed by Delmer Daves, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Age Of Fighting Sail by C.S. Forester was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Noah's Ark.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 September 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1956!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1956 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Maggie Reilly: Scottish singer-songwriter (Cado Belle).
- Tawny Elaine Godin Schneider: Maine, United States -- Miss American (76) / (Eye on Hollywood).
- Tawny Schneider in Portland: Maine, USA; newscaster (Eye on Hollywood).
- Monika Jünemann: German metaphysician and author, she was married to publisher Wolfgang Jüneman.
- Jaki Graham: English singer-songwriter and producer.
- Ned Rothenberg: American saxophonist clarinet player and composer.
- Henry Clough-Leiter: Composer, dies at 82.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Anne Shelton - Lay Down Your Arms
- Rockin' Through The Rye - Bill Haley & His Comets
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Tony Martin - Walk Hand In Hand
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?