Sunday 30 September 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 30, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Princess Marie-Esméralda of Belgium and Vondie Curtis-Hall.
In UK Lay Down Your Arms by Anne Shelton was in the top 5 hits.
The Ten Commandments, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Imperial Woman by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Hiram Holliday.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 September 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1956!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1956 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Princess Marie-Esméralda of Belgium
- Vondie Curtis-Hall
- Maria Esmeralda: Belgian Princess / Daughter of Leopold III / Lilian Baels.
- Marie-Esméralda : Belgian royal family, named Maria Esmeralda Adelaide Lilian Anne Leopoldine.
- Trevor Morgan: English footballer and manager.
- Phillies Robin Roberts gives up a major league record 46th HR
- White Sox Jim Derrington, 16, is youngest to start a game (he loses)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?