Tuesday 25 September 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 25, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Miroslav Volf and W. Daniel Hillis.
In UK Lay Down Your Arms by Anne Shelton was in the top 5 hits.
The Ten Commandments, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Love Or Perish by Smiley Blanton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Hiram Holliday.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 September 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1956!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1956 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- W. Daniel Hillis: Inventor.
- Miroslav Volf: Theologian.
- Winfried Stradt: German footballer.
- Jamie Hyneman: American visual effects technician.
- W Hillis: American computer scientist engineer and author founded the Thinking Machines Corporation.
- Kim Thompson: American publisher (d. 2013).
- 1st transatlantic telephone cable goes into operation (Scot-Canada)
- Transatlantic telephone cable (Newfoundland-Oban) is used
- TAT-1, the first submarine transatlantic telephone cable system, is inaugurated.
- Brooklyn Dodgers' pitcher Sal Maglie no-hits Philadelphia Phillies, 5-0.
- The submarine Transatlantic telephone cable opens.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?