Wednesday 12 September 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 12, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leslie Cheung and Ricky Rudd.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Wagon, directed by Delmer Daves, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while A Thing Of Beauty by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Noah's Ark.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 September 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 1956!
Which were the important events of 12 September 1956 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
- Leslie Cheung: Hong Kong singer-songwriter and actor (d. 2003).
- Ricky Rudd: American race car driver and sportscaster.
- Corinne Jacobson Colson
- Serge Kos: French newsmaker, an unemployed youth who died on 18 February 1981, aged 25, of hunger and cold in a hangar in Sochaux.
- Barry Andrews: English singer and keyboard player (XTC Shriekback and The League of Gentlemen).
- Chip Beck: American golfer.
- Charles Henry Beck: Fayetteville, North Carolina -- PGA golfer (1990 Buick Open 1992).
- Brian Robertson: Scottish singer-songwriter and guitarist (Thin Lizzy Motörhead and Wild Horses).
- Walter Woon: Singaporean lawyer and politician 7th Attorney-General of Singapore.
- David Goodhart: English journalist and author.
- Sam Brownback: American poliician, conservative Republican and presidential hopeful in the 2008 race.
- Corinne Jacobson: French fashion model.
- Black students enter and are barred from Clay Ky elementary school
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Anne Shelton - Lay Down Your Arms
- Rockin' Through The Rye - Bill Haley & His Comets
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Tony Martin - Walk Hand In Hand
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?