Sunday 23 September 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 23, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paolo Rossi and Lili Carati.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Teenage Wolfpack, directed by Georg Tressler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Love Or Perish by Smiley Blanton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching David Copperfield.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 September 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1956!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1956 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Paolo Rossi: Italian soccer player; helped Italy win the World Cup 1982.
- June Forester: Chattanooga, Tennessee -- Country singer (Forester Sister-Men).
- Lili Carati: Varese, Italy -- Miss Italy (1975) / actress (Alcove).
- Maren Jensen in Arcadia: California, USA; actress (Athena - Battlestar Galactica).
- Peter David: American author actor and screenwriter.
- Tom Hogan: Australian cricketer.
- Earl Godwin: Newscaster (Meet the Veep), dies at 75.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Anne Shelton - Lay Down Your Arms
- Rockin' Through The Rye - Bill Haley & His Comets
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Tony Martin - Walk Hand In Hand
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?