Thursday 20 September 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 20, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cyril Neveu and Gary Cole.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Teenage Wolfpack, directed by Georg Tressler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Rosemary Tree by Elizabeth Goudge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching David Copperfield.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 September 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 1956!
Which were the important events of 20 September 1956 ?
- Cyril Neveu
- Gary Cole: American actor.
- Debbi Morgan: American actress.
- Jennifer Chayes: American mathematician and computer scientist.
- Steve Coleman: American saxophonist composer and bandleader.
- John Harle: English saxophonist composer conductor and producer.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Anne Shelton - Lay Down Your Arms
- Rockin' Through The Rye - Bill Haley & His Comets
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Tony Martin - Walk Hand In Hand
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?