Friday 16 May 1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 16, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eileen (singer) and Joseph Parrenin.
Sunny, directed by Herbert Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 May 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1941!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1941 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Eileen (singer)
- Joseph Parrenin
- Maurice Henry Weddington: Composer.
- John McWilliams: British Member of Parliament.
- Denis Hart: Australian archbishop.
- Germans made their last major air attack on Britain
- Nazis forbid Dutch Organization of Actors (NOT)
- Italian army under Aosta surrenders to Britain at Amba Alagi, Ethiopia.
- Last great German air attack on Great Britain (Birmingham).