Friday 16 May 1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Henry Weddington and John McWilliams.
Blood and Sand, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingwa was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1941!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1941 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Maurice Henry Weddington: Composer.
- John McWilliams: British Member of Parliament.
- Denis Hart: Australian archbishop.
- Germans made their last major air attack on Britain
- Nazis forbid Dutch Organization of Actors (NOT)
- Italian army under Aosta surrenders to Britain at Amba Alagi, Ethiopia.
- Last great German air attack on Great Britain (Birmingham).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?