Sunday 16 May 1920US date format: 5/16/1920, UK date format: 16/5/1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 16, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Martine Carol and Jacques François.
Tit for Tat, directed by Charley Rogers, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 May 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1920!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1920 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Martine Carol: French actress, popular, tantalizing leading lady of the '50s in several films made by her husband, (one of four), Christian Faque, but most engaging in the title role of "Lola Montes," 1955.
- Jacques François: French actor, who provided the French voice of Gregory Peck in dubbed films.
- Martine Carol [Maryse Mopurer]: Saint-Mande, France -- Actress (Nana).
- Levi P Morton: 22nd United States Vice President (Born 1824).
- Spanish bullfighter Joselito is fatally gored fighting his last bull.