Sunday 16 May 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Martine Carol [Maryse Mopurer] and Martine Carol.
The Flapper, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while A Man for the Ages by Irving Bacheller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1920!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1920 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Martine Carol [Maryse Mopurer]: Saint-Mande, France -- Actress (Nana).
- Martine Carol: French actress, popular, tantalizing leading lady of the '50s in several films made by her husband, (one of four), Christian Faque, but most engaging in the title role of "Lola Montes," 1955.
- Jacques François: French actor, who provided the French voice of Gregory Peck in dubbed films.
- Levi P Morton: 22nd United States Vice President (Born 1824).
- Spanish bullfighter Joselito is fatally gored fighting his last bull.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Irene - Edith Day
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?