Saturday 17 February 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Abdur Rahman Badawi and Guillermo Gonzalez Camarena.
Rosie O'Grady, directed by John H. Collins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 February 1917 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Abdur Rahman Badawi: Egyptian philosopher (d. 2002).
- Guillermo Gonzalez Camarena: Mexican electrical engineer who was the inventor of a color-wheel type of color television, and who also introduced color television to Mexico.
- Abdel Badawi: Egyptian philosopher and poet (d. 2002).
- Guillermo Camarena: Mexican engineer (d. 1965).
- Edmund Bishop English Secretary of Thomas Carlyle: dies at age 70.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Mammy's Little Coal Black Rose - Orpheus Quartet
- Poor Butterfly - Victor Military Band
- O'Brien is Tryin' to Learn to Talk Hawaiian - Ada Jones
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?