Saturday 17 February 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Abdur Rahman Badawi and Guillermo Gonzalez Camarena.
Rosie O'Grady, directed by John H. Collins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 17 February 1917
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1917!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1917 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Abdur Rahman Badawi: Egyptian philosopher (d. 2002).
- Guillermo Gonzalez Camarena: Mexican electrical engineer who was the inventor of a color-wheel type of color television, and who also introduced color television to Mexico.
- Abdel Badawi: Egyptian philosopher and poet (d. 2002).
- Guillermo Camarena: Mexican engineer (d. 1965).
- Edmund Bishop English Secretary of Thomas Carlyle: dies at age 70.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Orpheus Quartet - Mammy's Little Coal Black Rose
- O'Brien is Tryin' to Learn to Talk Hawaiian - Ada Jones
- Poor Butterfly - Victor Military Band