Wednesday 17 January 1917
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 17, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ulyses Simpson Kay and Oskar Morawetz.
The Pride of the Clan, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 January 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1917 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Oskar Morawetz: Svetla, Czechoslovakia -- Composer.
- Ulyses Simpson Kay: Composer.
- Maruthur Gopalan Ramachandran (MGR) Indian film star: politician.
- M G Ramachandran: Indian politician, actor (d. 1987).
- Ramon Cardemil: Chilean huaso (d. 2007).
- Ulysses Kay: American musician, composer and college professor.
- Ramón Cardemil: Chilean horse rider (d. 2007).
- M Ramachandran: Indian actor director and politician 5th Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu (d. 1987).
- Hendrik Goeman Borgesius Dutch politician: dies at age 70.
- The United States pays Denmark $25 million for the Virgin Islands.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Way Down in Iowa, I'm Going to Hide Away - Irving Kaufman
- My Own Iona - Horace Wright
- Someone Else May be There While I'm Gone - Al Jolson