Monday 5 February 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Vivica Bandler and Isuzu Yamada.
Rosie O'Grady, directed by John H. Collins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1917!
Which were the important events of 5 February 1917 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- Vivica Bandler: Finnish-born theater director, she founded the Student Theatre in Helsinki in 1939 and the Little Theatre there in 1955 where she held the post of director until 1967.
- Isuzu Yamada: Japanese actress (d. 2012).
- Morosco Theater opens at 217 W 45th Steet New York City (demolished 1982).
- Present Mexican constitution adopted.
- The Congress of the United States passes the Immigration Act of 1917 over President Woodrow Wilson's veto. Also known as the Asiatic Barred Zone Act, it forbade immigration from nearly all of south and southeast Asia.
- The current constitution of Mexico is adopted, establishing a federal republic with powers separated into independent executive, legislative, and judicial branches.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Give Me All of You - Charles Harrison & Nanette Flack
- Love, Here is My Heart! - John McCormack
- Gems from Miss Springtime - Victor Light Opera Co.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?