Sunday 11 February 1917
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Jock and T Nagi Reddy.
Rosie O'Grady, directed by John H. Collins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Red Planet by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1917!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1917 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Richard Jock: Kinneir graphic designer.
- T Nagi Reddy: Indian revolutionary (d. 1976).
- Giuseppe De Santis: Italian film director.
- Sidney Sheldon: American writer, regarded with distain by literary critics but adored by millions; one of the handful of popular novelists who regularly dominate best-seller lists.
- 8ernard Destremau: Paris 16éme Politician.
- Oswaldo Cruz: Brazilian physician bacteriologist and epidemiologist founded the Oswaldo Cruz Foundation (d. 1917).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- They're Wearing 'Em Higher in Hawaii - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Paradise Blues - Marion Harris
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?