Wednesday 28 February 1917
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Odette Laure and Hans Deutgen.
The Poor Little Rich Girl, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Red Planet by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 1917!
Which were the important events of 28 February 1917 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- Odette Laure: French actress and cabaret singer.
- Hans Deutgen: Sweden -- World champion archer.
- John B Connally: (Gov / Sen-D / R-Texas), took a bullet with JFK.
- Andr? Gelinet: Marseille Military man.
- Ernesto Alonso: Mexican actor, director, cinematographer, and producer (d. 2007).
- Russian Duma sets up Provisional Committee; workers set up Soviets.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- My Hawaiian Sunshine - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- It's a Long, Long Time Since I've Been Home - Irving Kaufman
- Pray for the Lights to Go Out - George O'Connor
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?